The current job market can be uncertain and layoffs can happen at any moment. If you have recently lost your job, it can be overwhelming to figure out how to move forward financially. In this episode, Melissa Fradenburg, AIF®️ will share her own experience being laid off in 2008 as well a financial checklist, so you can take control of your finances and make a plan for moving forward.
Surviving a Layoff – Resources:
- Learn more about Pearl Planning.
- Read Blog, Understanding your Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
- Listen to Episode 79: Winning Resumes with Brooke Kent.
- Listen to Episode 123: Simple Budgeting Tips with Melissa Fradenburg.
- Listen to Episode 46: Equity Compensation with Rachel Elson.
- More resources on how to file for unemployment HERE.
- Sign up for our Retirement Readiness Webinar.
Links are being provided for information purposes only. The information herein is general and educational in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Tax laws and regulations are complex and subject to change, which can materially impact investment results. Pearl Planning cannot guarantee that the information herein is accurate, complete, or timely. Pearl Planning makes no warranties with regard to such information or results obtained by its use and disclaims any liability arising out of your use of, or any tax position taken in reliance on, such information. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation. Please note, changes in tax laws or regulations may occur at any time and could substantially impact your situation. Pearl Planning financial advisors do not render advice on tax matters. You should discuss any tax matters with the appropriate professional.