In this episode, Melissa Joy, CFP® and Brooke Kent discuss the secrets to a successful career move. We discuss everything from writing a resume that stands out, updating your LinkedIn profile to attract recruiters, to mastering the interview process. Brooke has spent two decades helping executives and professionals craft personalized, achievement-focused, persuasive, and visually appealing resumes and LinkedIn profiles.
You will learn:
- How we tell a story and share quantifying details about job experience at the same time.
- Why you should customize your URL on LinkedIn.
- Make sure your headshot is up to date and coveys that you are competent, likable, and professional.
- Why you should not skip the “summary” or “skills” section of LinkedIn.
- How do you get your resume to “stand out?”
- What font you should use on your resume.
- Things not to include on your resume.
- How do you prepare for a job interview?
- Why you need to hit a sweet spot of warmth and competence in an interview.
- How to dress for a job interview.
- Common questions to prepare to answer in a job interview.
- Find out more about Brooke Kent
- Upcoming Webinars to help you advance your career.
- Follow Brooke on LinkedIn
- Link to Brooke Kent’s weekly job-search checklist
Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse the opinions or services of Brooke Kent or Brooke Writes It. Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Raymond James is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members.