Have you thought about opening a Roth IRA for your child? A Custodial Roth IRA can be a great way to start saving for a child’s future, but it’s important to understand the tax implications and the income requirements before opening an account. In this episode, Melissa Fradenburg, AIF, ® discusses how a Custodial Roth IRA allows parents to start saving for their child’s future early as well as some of the limitations and considerations before opening this type of account.
- Learn more about Pearl Planning.
- Watch Michigan MESP 529 Savings Plan – Everything You Need To Know – Webinar Replay.
- Listen to Episode 86: Demystifying the FAFSA Form with Ann Garcia.
- Read SECURE Act 2.0: Later RMDs, 529-to-Roth Rollovers, And Other Tax Planning Opportunities, Jeffrey Levine, CPA/PFS, CFP, AIF, CWS, MSA
- Sign up for our 2023 Winter Economic Update and Investment Outlook or our Retirement Readiness Webinar.
Links are being provided for information purposes only. The information herein is general and educational in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Tax laws and regulations are complex and subject to change, which can materially impact investment results. Pearl Planning cannot guarantee that the information herein is accurate, complete, or timely. Pearl Planning makes no warranties with regard to such information or results obtained by its use and disclaims any liability arising out of your use of, or any tax position taken in reliance on, such information. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation. Please note, changes in tax laws or regulations may occur at any time and could substantially impact your situation. Pearl Planning financial advisors do not render advice on tax matters. You should discuss any tax matters with the appropriate professional.