In this episode, Melissa Fradenburg, CDFA®, shares stories of both money habit success as well as recent failures with her own teenagers. Learn how allowing her daughter to spend money on short shorts and platform sandals turned into one of the best money lessons and how letting her son place items in the online cart for a week can instill good spending habits. This episode will help you prepare your teens for a world where many adults struggle to spend within their means and save for what they want most versus what they want now.
- Learn more about Pearl Planning.
- Blog post from Pearl Planning, The Three Money Conversations to Have with Your Kids.
- Read article on Mistakes Parents Make When Teaching Kids About Money, by Warren Buffett.
- Listen to podcast Episode 87: How to Talk to Your Kids About Money with Jackie Fradenburg.
- Read the book The Gift of Failure, by Jessica Lahey.
Links are being provided for information purposes only. Pearl Planning is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Pearl Planning is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members.