Are you shocked at how quickly mortgage rates have increased? Are you looking to purchase a home but worried about the housing market and higher mortgage rates? In this episode, Melissa and Jay Fradenburg discuss the current mortgage environment with Nathan Steiner, NMLS #771054, Senior Vice President of lending with Guaranteed Rate. Nathan has over 20 years of lending experience and understands the unique challenges buyers and agents are facing in the current rate environment.
Lending and the Housing Market – You will learn:
- What are my options now that mortgage rates have increased so quickly?
- Why are rates so much higher than 6 months ago?
- Are there strategies to get a lower rate?
- Is the housing market still a sellers market?
- How does an ARM work?
- What is a 2 -1 buy down?
- Find out more about Nathan HERE.
- Reach out to Nathan Steiner.
- Follow Nathan on Instagram and Facebook.
- Read, What Issues Should I Consider When Dealing With High Inflation?
- Read about 2-1 Buydowns.
- Read Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM): What It Is and Different Types.
- Listen to Episode 134: Inflation Expectations and Market Volatility with Jay Fradenburg.
- Listen to Episode 88: Mortgage Options in Retirement with Nathan Steiner.
- Connect with Jay Fradenburg.
- Sign up for our Fall Economic Update and Investment Outlook Webinar HERE.
Links are being provided for information purposes only. The information herein is general and educational in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Tax laws and regulations are complex and subject to change, which can materially impact investment results. Pearl Planning cannot guarantee that the information herein is accurate, complete, or timely. Pearl Planning makes no warranties with regard to such information or results obtained by its use and disclaims any liability arising out of your use of, or any tax position taken in reliance on, such information. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation. Please note, changes in tax laws or regulations may occur at any time and could substantially impact your situation. Pearl Planning financial advisors do not render advice on tax matters. You should discuss any tax matters with the appropriate professional. Historical performance results for investment indices, benchmarks, and/or categories have been provided for general informational/comparison purposes only, and generally do not reflect the deduction of transaction and/or custodial charges, the deduction of an investment management fee, nor the impact of taxes, the incurrence of which would have the effect of decreasing historical performance results. It should not be assumed that your Pearl Planning account holdings correspond directly to any comparative indices or categories. Please Also Note: (1) performance results do not reflect the impact of taxes; (2) comparative benchmarks/indices may be more or less volatile than your Pearl Planning accounts; and, (3) a description of each comparative benchmark/index is available upon request.