In this episode Melissa Joy sits down with Diana Yanez to discuss financial wellness work, especially for the Latina community. Diana is a financial educator and empowerment coach. Her firm, All the Colors, combines her love of numbers and her desire to see others flourish dance to the same beat. While Diana’s technical skills will help clients quickly navigate financial questions, it’s her ability to empower them that transforms their relationship with money.
Melissa and Diana discuss:
– The money archetypes
– How community work can help to develop a sense of agency in financial matters
– The racial wealth gap
– The dangers of financial stress and how her work can reduce that
Financial Wellness Through Community Work – Additional resources:
- Learn more about Diana and All the Colors here: https://allthecolors.net/
- The Color of Wealth helps to explain the racial wealth gap: https://www.faireconomy.org/infographics#menu
- Our episode with Stacy Frances on Financial Abuse: https://pearlplan.com/2022/05/17/episode-116-break-away-from-financial-abuse/
- Our episode on closing the racial and gender wealth gap with Renee Baker: https://pearlplan.com/2020/07/10/episode-16-closing-the-racial-and-gender-wealth-gap-with-renee-baker/
Links are being provided for information purposes only. The information herein is general and educational in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Tax laws and regulations are complex and subject to change, which can materially impact investment results. Pearl Planning cannot guarantee that the information herein is accurate, complete, or timely. Pearl Planning makes no warranties with regard to such information or results obtained by its use and disclaims any liability arising out of your use of, or any tax position taken in reliance on, such information. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation. Please note, changes in tax laws or regulations may occur at any time and could substantially impact your situation. Pearl Planning financial advisors do not render advice on tax matters. You should discuss any tax matters with the appropriate professional.