In today’s episode, we discuss the upsides and downsides of long-term care insurance and delve into key considerations when purchasing it. Join your host, Melissa Fradenburg, AIF® as we navigate the intricate world of personal finance, specifically designed for women. Melissa shares her recent experience visiting her grandmother in an assisted living facility as well as a basic overview of how long-term care insurance works as a standalone policy and as a rider on a life insurance policy. In addition to covering considerations when purchasing long-term care insurance, Melissa will share the most cost effective time to purchase coverage.
Long Term Care Considerations for Women – Resources:
- Learn more about Melissa Fradenburg, AIF® and Pearl Planning .
- LongTermCare.gov – A resource by the U.S Department of Health and Human Services providing an overview of long-term care, cost estimates, and other helpful information.
- Genworth Financial 2020 Cost of Care Survey – Information on the average costs of various types of long-term care.
- American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance (AALTCI) – Resource for researching and comparing long-term care insurance.
- Register for our Summer Economic Update and Investment Outlook Webinar.
Links are being provided for information purposes only. The information herein is general and educational in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Tax laws and regulations are complex and subject to change, which can materially impact investment results. Pearl Planning cannot guarantee that the information herein is accurate, complete, or timely. Pearl Planning makes no warranties with regard to such information or results obtained by its use and disclaims any liability arising out of your use of, or any tax position taken in reliance on, such information. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation. Please note, changes in tax laws or regulations may occur at any time and could substantially impact your situation. Pearl Planning financial advisors do not render advice on tax matters. You should discuss any tax matters with the appropriate professional.