Melissa Joy, CFP® is joined by Sharee Burkel, the owner of the QDRO Company, LLC, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®), and Certified QDRO Specialist™. In this episode they discuss Qualified Domestic Relation Order (aka QDRO) in simple and easy to understand terms. If you need to divide retirement assets in divorce, you may need a QDRO. We explain the ins and outs.
You will learn:
- A QDRO is a legal document that divides a financial asset, specifically retirement plans pursuant to divorce
- Why do I need one drafted?
- How do I start the QDRO process?
- What happens if I never ordered the QDRO after my divorce was final?
- The QDRO Company LLC website
- Learn more about Sharee Burkel, CFP®, CDFA®, CQS™
- Additional divorce resources and blogs.
Pearl Planning is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Pearl Planning is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members. Pearl Planning does not provide legal or tax advice. Please be sure to consult with the appropriate legal or tax professional with regard to your situation.