In this episode Melissa Fradenburg financial advisor, RJFS covers common financial questions that come up in the divorce process with family law attorney, Anthony Urbani II J.D. and Realtor, Jennifer Adlhoch, Esq. Divorce is an emotional process in which many important financial decisions need to be made. These decisions can have lasting impact on an individuals’ financial health and ability to build wealth well after the divorce is finalized. Through years of experience helping clients navigate both the legal and the home buying/selling process, our guests will cover some of the common mistakes as well as key financial aspects you should consider in divorce.
You will learn:
- What legal tools do attorneys have when it comes to finances when it is suspected one party is hiding assets in divorce.
- The three elements of “equity” when it comes to division of assets in divorce.
- Why you should have market analysis done on the marital home before deciding on selling or staying in the house in a divorce.
- Why you should not ignore the section of your degree that addressing the QDRO process.
- What factors should you consider when it comes to keeping or selling the marital home?
- What steps you need to take after the divorce decree is final with a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO).
- Are you eligible for financial support from your spouse during the divorce process?
Financial Issues in Divorce – Resources:
- Read about Anthony Urbani II HERE
- Find out more about Urbani & Marshall, P.C.
- Connect with Jennifer Adlhoch on LinkedIn or at https://www.adlhoch.com/agents.htm.
Pearl Planning is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Pearl Planning is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members. Pearl Planning and its advisors do not provide legal advice. Please be sure to consult with the appropriate legal professional with regards to your situation.