In this special #GIVINGTUESDAY episode, Melissa Joy, CFP® and Alexa Kane, CFP® discuss ways to give back this holiday season (and throughout the year). They will address how a Donor Advised Fund can assist with appreciated stock or bundled gift strategies as well as how to take advantage of your charitable deduction and bundle gifts to get itemized deductions in periodic years.
We will learn:
- What is #GivingTuesday
- How to teach children the power of money through charity.
- How bundling your charitable gifts can increase the tax advantage.
- How do qualified charitable donations work?
- Why gifting appreciated stock can make your donation go further.
- What is a donor-advised fund?
- Visit the virtual headquarters for Giving Tuesday 2021.
- Read Pearl Planning blog, 10 Ideas for Giving.
- Watch a webinar replay, Money Smart Charitable Giving.
- Listen to podcast episode 33 Charitable Giving with Laura Brownfield for more information on Donor Advised Funds.
Links are being provided for information purposes only. The information herein is general and educational in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Tax laws and regulations are complex and subject to change, which can materially impact investment results. Pearl Planning cannot guarantee that the information herein is accurate, complete, or timely. Pearl Planning makes no warranties with regard to such information or results obtained by its use and disclaims any liability arising out of your use of, or any tax position taken in reliance on, such information. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation. Please note, changes in tax laws or regulations may occur at any time and could substantially impact your situation. Pearl Planning financial advisors do not render advice on tax matters. You should discuss any tax matters with the appropriate professional.