In this episode, Melissa Fradenburg and Lynn Walsh, discuss ways to communicate better on money differences as well as touch on what could be controlling behavior around money or constitute financial abuse. Lynn Walsh, MS, LLP, holds a Master of Science in clinical psychology and has a private practice in Grosse Pointe, Michigan. With her focus in supportive self-esteem and assertiveness, building and strengthening bonds, and communication in relationships, Lynn is a great resource for those who may find themselves struggling to communicate money differences or who are in a financially abusive relationship.
You will learn:
- What are some signs you are in a financially abusive relationship?
- How limiting your access to assets or ability to earn money is a form of abuse.
- How to determine if you are being controlled in a relationship?
- Why it is important for both partners to feel listened to and heard.
- The importance of spending autonomy.
- Why you can gain clarity on finances when you focus on being on the same team to reach financial goals.
- Find out more about Lynn Walsh
- Read a blog post, What is Financial Abuse? These Are the Signs.
- Schedule a session with Lynn Walsh, MS, LLP
- Reach out to National Domestic Abuse Hotline for additional resources.
Pearl Planning is not affiliated with and does not endorse the opinions or services of Lynn Walsh, MS, LLP. Links are being provided for information purposes only. Pearl Planning is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors.