In this episode, Melissa Fradenburg and Nathan Steiner, NMLS #771054, discuss what options you have available when it comes to mortgages in the divorce process. Whether you want to stay in the marital home or qualify to purchase a home on your own, this is a must-listen for those considering divorce. Nathan has over 20 years of lending experience and understands the unique challenges those facing divorce can experience when it comes to home financing.
You will learn:
- Do you have to refi one spouse off the mortgage after the divorce?
- Can you qualify for a mortgage based on Alimony?
- What happens if only one spouse is on the note?
- Can you use a separation agreement vs the final divorce decree to cancel the debt from the marital home?
- What if I get a lump sum divorce settlement vs alimony?
Mortgage Options in Divorce – Resources:
Pearl Planning is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Pearl Planning is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members.