In this episode Melissa Joy, CFP® speaks with Camille York, AAMS® CDFA® on the disparity that exists between what black women and non-Hispanic white men earn. Why does this gap exist and how can we create change through salary negotiation skills, knowledge, and advocacy?
You will learn:
- How to adjust your lens when it comes to income equality
- Income equality is NOT a zero-sum game
- How to “know your worth” and the “art” of negotiation when it comes to salary
- Leverage your network to advance your career
- Learn more about Camille York
- Check out salaries in your industry
- How much should you ask for in a raise?
Links are being provided for information purposes only. Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Raymond James is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members.
Melissa Joy, CFP®, CDFA® is the President of Pearl Planning and a Wealth Advisor for Raymond James Financial Services. Reach out for a call today at 734.274.6744. Address: 8031 Main St. Suite 302 Dexter, MI 48130