How do you adjust college decisions during a pandemic? In this 52 Pearls Weekly Money Wisdom podcast episode Melissa Joy talks with college selection consultant Amy McVeigh, founder of Smart College Selection.
- How college consultants help students and families set expectations, narrow down their college decisions, and make the right selection for college.
- Options for kicking off college decisions for families of rising seniors including adjustments for testing and how to do a virtual campus tour.
- How Amy uses student-directed research to narrow down a college list.
- Journaling for future college students including a great prompt: write a letter to your pre-covid self about this time.
- How a family’s financial commitment may be changing now and how the student plays a role in financial conversations.
Resources that can help you:
- Smart College Selection FAQ including coronavirus resources: https://smartcollegeselection.com/faqs-2
- Virtual college tours at YouVisit (https://www.youvisit.com/collegesearch/) or Campus Reel (https://www.campusreel.org/)
- Locate a reputable consultant with the Higher Educational Consultants Association (https://hecaonline.org/) or Independent Educational Consultants Association (https://www.iecaonline.com/)
Melissa Joy, CFP®, CDFA® is the President of Pearl Planning and a Wealth Advisor for Raymond James Financial Services. Reach out for a call today at 734.274.6744. Address: 8031 Main St. Suite 302 Dexter, MI 48130