Melissa Joy is joined by estate planning attorney Joan Skrzyniarz, practice group chair of trusts and estates at Dickinson Wright in Troy, Michigan.
Joan and Melissa discuss:
- Why for estate planning, perfection can be the enemy of progress.
- The documents you need in place during a pandemic (medical powers of attorney, financial power of attorney, wills, and trusts).
- The importance of a parental designation of guardian document for parents of minor children, especially during a health pandemic.
- How Joan has developed a family emergency plan for friends and neighbors to help their kids if mom and dad get sick.
- Joan’s mantra during this time of uncertainty, “don’t be panicked, be prepared.”
- Why estate planning and financial planning help you to “prepare for everything” including unexpected moments like we’re experiencing now.
Melissa Joy, CFP®, CDFA® is President and Wealth Advisor at Pearl Planning. Reach out for a call today at 734.274.6744.