Focus on Women
I am passionate about financial knowledge and dedicated to empowering women to take an active role in their financial picture. We all know how easy it can be to delegate financial responsibilities, shy away from money conversations, or feel completely left out of our own financial business.
Knowing where you stand financially is not just important for single and divorced women. I also work with couples who need help collaborating on financial matters. It is so important for both partners to feel heard when it comes to finances.
With women owning more businesses and controlling more personal wealth than ever before, it is more important today that women feel compelled to understand what they have and what they will need to be financially secure in the future.
My hope is to inspire more women to take an active role in their finances through proper financial planning and risk appropriate portfolio management. I seek to ensure that my clients can be the drivers of their financial future, no matter their relationship status and hopefully ease fears of becoming financially dependent on family members should they face a life transition.
Three Favorite Words
Passion | Persistence | Perseverance
You might bump into me …
Around Grosse Pointe … on our boat at Pier Park … volunteering in the classroom at St Paul … or wondering around the home décor section of Target.
A Quote on my Desk…
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”-Eleanor Roosevelt
I earned my BA in Economics from Gettysburg College and worked on the asset management distribution side of the industry for many years. In addition to gaining valuable industry knowledge by educating advisors on investment offerings as well as retirement, estate, and education planning strategies for their clients; I had the pleasure of getting to know Melissa Joy and Sherri Stephens through this role.
While taking some time off to raise my young family, I satisfied my entrepreneurial spirit by creating a successful decorating business. It was not until helping my own mother navigate the financial stress of divorce that I realized both the great need for more woman in this industry as well as how much I missed working in finance.
Melissa Joy was a huge support system for me when I joined a local practice working with individual investors in 2016. I’m so thrilled to finally be working alongside Melissa and to be able to share the expertise and resources of Pearl Planning with my clients here in Grosse Pointe.
Away from the office, I enjoy decorating, crafting and spending time with friends and family. I live in Grosse Pointe Farms with my husband, Jay, and our children, Jackie and JP.
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Gettysburg College
- Assisting women through financial transitions associated with divorce or death of a spouse
- Financial transitions and sudden money situations including inheritance
- Helping couples develop strategies to clarify their financial goals through a financial planning
- Speaking engagements on financial literacy for women and educational workshops specifically curated for women facing a financial transition or nearing
- Quoted as an investment professional in USNews.com, 8 Money Mistakes Newlyweds Make
- Membership Committee member, Country Club of Detroit ccofd.com
- Teach Money & Me to middle school students at St Paul stpaulonthelake.org
- Dames Collective Detroit member: Female leaders, entrepreneurs, and innovators damescollective.com