Melissa Joy, CFP® is joined by Marina Hernández, EA, CFP®, CEPA™, a US/Swiss Crossborder Wealth, Tax & Value Advisor and fee-only wealth and tax advisor for families with US and Swiss ties through Dynamic Wealth Advisors. Marina also runs The Crossborder Academy and The Crossborder Planner as public benefit initiatives providing educational tax planning resources for US immigrants and expats. In this episode Marina and Melissa discuss the complex financial issues expat families must consider.
You will learn:
- Do I still need to file taxes in the US if I move abroad for work?
- The US practices citizenship-based taxation.
- How are retirement accounts opened overseas handled here in the US?
- What type of assistance do corporations offer for tax preparation?
- What is the difference between foreign tax credits and foreign income exclusion?
- Find out more about Swiss American Wealth Advisors.
- Learn how to connect with Marina Hernandez.
- Read additional information for expats in Marina’s BLOG.
Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse the opinions or services of Marina Hernandez, Dynamic Wealth Advisors, Crossboarder Academy or Crossboarder Planner. Links are being provided for information purposes only. Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Raymond James is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members.