Melissa Joy, CFP® sits down with Renée Baker, DBA. Renee is Head of Private Client Group Advisor Inclusion Networks at Raymond James. In her work, Renee leads the Womens Financial Advisor Network, Black Financial Advisor Network, and the new Pride Network for LGBTQUI+ advisors.
In this conversation, we discuss the need for a more diverse financial profession and how that will help with access to financial advice for all people. The conversation includes:
- Statistics on underrepresented advisors including women, black advisors and advisors of color.
- What is the wealth gap and how can we close it?
- How to be an ally and sponsor and take action to change the status of wealth access in our country
Here are some additional resources that can help you learn more about the wealth gap and how we can change our profession. Read on and learn more here:
- The Memo by Minda Harts
- How Big is the Racial Wealth Gap by Nick Maggiulli, Of Dollars and Cents Blog
- Financial Services Has a Racism Problem by Sonya Driezler of Solutions by Sonya
- 2050 Trailblazer Resource Guide by Rianka R. Dorsainvil, CFP®, sparking change in the financial planning profession
- We need to talk…about racism, empathy, George Floyd, and being Black in America, Emlen Miles-Mattingly’s Minority Money podcast
- “It’s past time to advance Black advisors” by Lazetta Rainey Braxton in Financial Planning magazine
#wealthgap #racialequality #genderequality
Melissa Joy, CFP®, CDFA® is the President of Pearl Planning and a Wealth Advisor for Raymond James Financial Services. Reach out for a call today at 734.274.6744. Address: 8031 Main St. Suite 302 Dexter, MI 48130